The aim of this module is to support adult educators and migrant support workers to explore the Creative and Cultural Industries (CCIs) and Economy with a focus on some key characteristics of Creative Entrepreneurship. A guided analysis of a creative entrepreneurial mindset will allow learners to learn about and test personal entrepreneurial competences through the European EntreComp framework that identifies 15 main entrepreneurial skills.
A specific focus on creative thinking, including problem solving, communication, networking, thinking outside the box and planning and organising skills will support learners to reflect, develop and visualise a business project idea within CCIs.
A set of practical learning activities that educators and support workers can deliver both online and F2F as well as targeted audio-visual resources will support an effective non-formal and participatory learning pathway.
Learning Outcomes covered include:
Upon completion of this unit, it is expected that the learner will:
- Acquire knowledge about CCIs, including characteristics, sectors and trends as well as about the Creativity Economy and key characteristics and skills of Creative Entrepreneurs alongside case studies and role models.
- Learn about the set of learnable entrepreneurial skills identified by the EU EntreComp framework and how participants can test their awareness of their own entrepreneurial skills accordingly through practical activities.
- Examine creative thinking strategies with a specific focus on problem solving skills, which will enable learners to apply and practise these skills through related practical exercises.
- Acquire knowledge and strategies related to communication, networking and “thinking outside the box” competences, and specific resources and practical activities will guide them in the practical application and practice of these skills.
- Analyse planning and organizational skills, why they are important and how they can be developed through practical activities aimed at appraising and developing these abilities within their personal and professional life.
- Learn about the key steps to identify and visualise an entrepreneurial project idea through useful activities and practical exercises supporting them in the actual development of their early business ideas.